Well, here I am at the end of another year..2007..
and what a year it has been..my 21st year on the face of this earth
a year like any other and yet at the end of it i feel so different from what i had when it had started.
I started the year on a rather dull note..studying for a stupid exam (multimedia..don't go by the name..for anyone who has studied under MDU would know..it has one of the most boring rattu syllabi) and ended it in a similar vein..studying for another dumb exam (compiler design..though i have still no idea what they mean by it..)
Some of the highlights of the year:
1) Celebrated my 20th B'day with the best bunch of friends in the world eating the tastiest of pizzas eating the chocolatiest of cakes and building the choicest of memories :) (ah! and add to that receiving the most gorgeous straight-out-of-my-fantasies bouquet of red roses!!)
2) Within two days of the dream B'day, i got my first placement with infosys(yuhoooo!!! can't even begin to explain the feeling of giving my first interview..swallowing all my nails in anticipation and then finally standing under the star lit sky of some obscure college a little outside of Alwar)
3) To my great surprise, got placed with accenture as well, the only other company i sat for..even after i was sure i messed up my technical interview.
Now i am in doldrums about which company to join once college gets over in July this year.
:sigh: its hard to believe but my last semester in college just started...
4) The dolphin that changed my life forever:
---for better or for worse???
hmmm..i am still not sure :)
5)Headed the compeering team for my college festival..turns out dreams that come true..turn out to be worse than nightmares..
5) Found some friends lost some...
6)In some ways i have finally grown up while in others..i just realised i am incapable of ever doing that (a big sorry to all those well wishers who keep telling me "Umang--GROW UP!!!" i just can't i swear i tried.. :| )
7) Started this blog..and what a life savor it has been...when i started it one summer evening on the insistance of my friend suni di (who has always had a little too much faith in my writing and other abilities...love u di and thanks for being what u have been to me), with a funny piece about "Lizardo phobia", i had no idea how this little piece of cyberspace was going to change my life..how it would become my little kingdom of white sand.. the queen bee's buzzing ground :D
This has been the perfect outlet for all my ramblings..the chalice for all my pain.. the cuppa of all my joys..and above all it brought me in contact with people who think and feel like i do and helped me find some of my dearest friends..
All in all, 2007 wasn't a good year or a bad year..it was a year of changes...
some big laurels.. some painful falls..new highs and walks down memory lane...
I learnt that cliches are often the most apt things to use or do in a particular situation..and to use another one of those cliches...the most important thing that 2007 taught me was..
"The only thing constant is change"
feelings..attitudes..love..hatred..positions..jobs..principles..people..life..they all changed this year..
for better or for worse..for highs or for lows..who is to judge? and on what basis?...
life goes on..
differently for different people at different times..
and so it will in this new year
with hope and inquisitiveness..i welcome the year 2008
a very very happy new year to all of you...and more than that wish you a year full of curiosity and excitement
hugs and kisses
PS: I know its a little late for a New Year post..but then what with exams, viral, home etc..i just didn't get round to completing this post which had been lying unfinished in my drafts since
31st December, 2007...